Monday, January 28, 2008

Uh, I'm not dying

It seems there might be family members who think I am very ill.

I am not.

My sister equated my steroid swollen face with the faces of other family members who died from cancer and has been very frightened that I am dying.

I am not.

  • With brain surgery and brain radiation there is specific swelling in the brain that needs to be controlled temporarily with steroids to prevent (don't laugh) brain damage.
  • When the radiation stops, the swelling goes down and they stop the steroids.
  • Life goes on.
Now then
  • Many of the symptoms I have had (severe fatigue, difficulty walking, shaking, confusion) were from the steroids themselves - it's a balancing act.
  • On Thursday, Feb 24 I had an MRI and appointment with my Oncologist.
  • My swelling is gone.
  • My steroids can now be safely stopped.
  • They have already started.
Woo Hoo!

No comments: