Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Bad Blogger - No Cookie!

My sister just informed me that people who love me are worried about me because I haven't posted here in quite a while. Guilty as charged. Here's what's happening.

The joy of errands with my sweetie is the only time I get out of the house to "see the world" as he says. Last night
we happened to be in Laurel and used his new Garmin navigator to find a barbecue. Good Barbecue! (wish I could remember the name of it so I could tell you) Special thanks to John for the terrific advice on the GPS features to look for. I gave it to Bobby for Christmas and it's lots of fun.

We have been to the movies a few times.
  • I am Legend - C - Don't get me wrong. I really liked the first half. Will Smith. What's not to like? But I loved Omega Man with Charlton Heston, the original film. This one started out great. Until the CGI creatures came. For me it died then.
  • No Country For Old Men - A - "What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss?" Javier Bardem portrays the evilest dude on the planet. Josh Brolin pulled an unostentatious lead out of his butt. Tommy Lee Jones plays Tommy Lee Jones. The story is not predictable. See this movie. See all the Cohen brothers movies.
  • Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street - A - I love a musical. Johnny does his usual over the top and excellent thing but Helena steals the show as Mrs. Lovett in her opening song. Director Tim Burton rocks.
  • The Bucket List - B - Predictable and shallow plot but this movie wasn't about the plot. I went to see a comedy and Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson being funny was good enough for me.
  • Charlie Wilson's War - B - Like Depp and Jones, Tom Hanks does his usual thing. It is Julia Roberts who created a historical figure I believed. Oh. And I learned something about what happens when good intentions run out of money and political support.
I've been doing uhhhhhh, nothing else except some medical things and the few knitting events I am able to get to on good days. That really perks me up though and I feel bright eyed and bushy tailed spending time with the girls and some string. I wish I could do it more often. The most limiting factor is sitting and standing. I have to use my scooter exclusively now unless I'm with Bobby. I can't rely on chairs being high or stable enough for me to get out of. Loading my scooter is an effort too. I always have to sit and rest before driving away - which takes up a handicapped spot but hey - that's part of my problem, isn't it?

Physical Therapy is on hold for several weeks. It just wasn't productive. I addressed the fatigue issue with my therapist, wondering if I was befitting at all and wouldn't my insurance dollars be better spent when I was stronger and it could actually make me better. She agreed. Besides, I have had an evaluation by a Physiatrist who has an opinion that I may be able to loose the brace - something I am taking with the biggest grain of salt I can imagine to prevent disappointment. Today's medicine is amazing though and I have to let the professionals guide me, right? I may be a nurse, but I know nothing about this stuff and am trying my darnedest to accept good news.

Look how the brain surgery went.

No comments: