Saturday, October 6, 2007

Bring Me Her Broom

I'm going to be a celebrity. I am to be presented at a Brain Tumor Conference of some kind at Hopkins. They get all the big brain guys together and reveal my juicy details one by one. Think House only bigger. I wonder if they'll have popcorn? I'd love to put on a lab coat and sneak in. They'll put their heads together and have fun of trying to figure me out and where we go from here. It's not just one doctor saying, "Oh, you need an oil change". It's Dorothy, and Scarecrow, and Lion, and Tinman, and Toto too. Trustworthy folk with a mission.

I am the great and powerful Oz.

Even Oz can be put on hold though. I was all set to go to my regular knitting night. Waiting for a call regarding all this kept me from it. Grrrrrrrrr! On the positive side, I opened a new box of cereal, poured a mug of Frosted Mini Wheats, opened the fridge and reached in with my right hand for the milk which I also poured with my right hand. Picked up the spoon I aimed for and the mug and carried it in to the computer without spilling it and ate it. With my right hand.

Add those things to the list of things I could not do last week.

Ohhhh! Ohhhh! Ohhhh! I can tell which toe Bobby is touching! I could barely tell if someone was touching me anywhere on my lower leg. Now I can differentiate the toes.

Cool.

2 comments:

sarah said...

I can't even imagine what that's like. I don't want to have to have gone through what you've gone through to experience the joy and wonder... but I am so happy for you!

Romi said...

Wow, Bonnie. I just popped over from Ravelry and read about your tumor! What a story. I am so very happy to see that you are recovering well! How incredibly wonderful. You go, girl!