Saturday, December 15, 2007

Day 29 - 5 to go

Gee I'm sorry I've been absent. My sister called me today and reminded me that I've been leaving folks hanging.

I'm fine. Really. My husband and I have had other interesting stuff not related to me going on for two weeks and hunkered down to ourselves for a while.

My hair stopped falling out. I'm a surry with a fringe on top, well top and right - which makes my hats a little lopsided. I still need that trim. My bangs came in, but I haven't messed with them much - hat on/off on therapy days messes 'em up and they need a trim before I wear them I think. I'll set that up later.

My blood counts are superb. Great White counts - no immunodeficient/infection worries. Great Red counts/Hemoglobin/Hematocrit/Platelets. Everything is "within normal limits" as we say in the medical field. Cool.

My face blew up like a big round moon two weeks ago, but that is because of the steroids. It'll go away after the effects of the radiation/brain swelling go away and I stop them. Hopefully I'll begin to regain the function I've enjoyed off and on since the surgery :) It comes and goes - but it's still there.


One of the guys in front of me Graduated on Thursday. He was late. They said he didn't want to come in. I have no idea what was up with that. I have enjoyed the folks I have met there. Helped a new guy get started - but I will not miss going every day. I plan to celebrate Friday. I may bake brownies for everybody. Yeah. Brownies.


I do get bushed. Just showering and dressing can wipe me out. I don't take naps - I rest. I tend to shut down quickly - and recover just as fast. The end of the week is roughest as the fifth day in a row of radiation draws near.


::speaking of which::


Did I mention I only have one more week? That means I'll be done before Christmas. Thanks Santa.

No comments: